Sunday 10 August 2014

#56 - Jeudi 7th

Boire

to drink
labcoat - unfortunately didn't take any photos of the evening... I wanted to be 'cool'!


Not too much to say today, a day a la Tauvrais again... I took in my written differences between geriatrics/medicine in both England and France... the doctor seemed to like them! In a quiet moment a few of the new medical students spoke to me & I knew what they were asking, great, great for my second last day! Speaking to them a bit more, they were disappointed I hadn't seen Rennes' nightlife..(parce que tout seule)... Rennes is famous for drinking... (I told them the north-east too). Before I left they invited and arranged a night out for me! I had to hand around all afternoon to see a patient, who I'd be examined on, on Friday... so long for a last afternoon off! (I did make sure I could have Friday afty off - my plane was at 4pm).

An hour and a half to pack, clean and eat dinner (all the left overs) before meeting the medical students. Last ride on the Velo Star bikes and I arrived on time, with no getting lost. Even had a few moments to read my letter from Parul, stood in St Anne's Square. Eventually myself and three male medical students found a bar and each ordered a beer (mine was ordered for me, thankfully!) and I managed to speak in French (a little English) but we could converse and it worked, I worked - it was great. Watching the smaller square, with wooden clad houses slowly get darker was just an incredible way to end my time in Rennes. Two girls joined us during the evening, well girls talk a lot faster and a lot more than the boys. One laughed at my French and smoked seven cigarettes in a couple of hours. One of the guys plan is to be a laboratory doctor I think and combine this with a restaurant... take the bloods as they wait for food... we decided it was a unique idea! I didn't try the 'vegetarian kebab!'... and myself and the boys ended the night, stood beside the phenomenal parliament building talking about the English drinking tea, good for your health... and garlic good for your health in France. Apparently my fringe is very English, who knew...! (Not sure they believed me... "I was the first...")!

No comments:

Post a Comment