Tuesday 12 August 2014

#60 - Monday 11th


crochet


I heard on the news last night was a 'super moon', larger and brighter and just by chance I was struck by the brightness of the moon last night, super!


knitting the arms together... accidentally!


Tom to work and some time to feed the crochet obsession - one 'sock' made! Spent the morning as a housewife in training, I did a little hoovering/ironing/cleaning/tidying/washing... (hope you're reading this Mum!). I also watched a day long special of Homes Under the Hammer - who knew that was such a great programme. Jeremy Kyle however has reached new lows, don't get me started!

Early lunch and I tried to suggest an afternoon out to the girls... well there was some lack of enthusiasm to say the least! Kat and I returned to Teeside park, stopping in Hobby Craft for yet more wool.... and a visit to Morrison's to get some ingredients for a vegan chocolate raspberry cake. Realized I still wasn't completely readjusted to normal life after Orkney, Morrisons was far too crowded and it all got a bit much for me.

Sunday dinner (chicken, roasties, roast parsnips and carrots, some pretty out-of-date curly kale, broccoli, mash and some questionable gravy, veggie pie for me!) Delicious if I do say so myself... team effort really with me disappearing for a while to get Tom...

Corinne popped around, with some beautiful bright flowers - lovely to see her for a cuppa tea.... forgot the cocoa powder for the cake.... and forgot I'd promised to take Tom to footy! Whoops, home and time for bath and baking... but Kevin Macloud and Grand designs were calling instead.... Kat and I sat knitting & crocheting again! Green hat for Dave finished and Kat's made two monkey arms, a banana, and a leg - how she does it I don't know! Time for some crackers and cheese before bed....

No comments:

Post a Comment