Sunday 10 August 2014

#57 - Vendredi 8th

rentrer

(to return)

p.s. a word I cannot say in French


Up early, need to pack, clean, eat breakfast... deja vu? Long handover... very warm.. didn't understand a lot! Had my 'exam', I remembered to make some french notes, so I spoke them through in French with the doctor... she seemed impressed, we then went to see the patient... "Sarah..." ?"what?"

"Bonjour.... ca va?" The patient was adorable and looking a lot more well than yesterday, "ouiii.... ca vaaaaa."
"Avez-vous mal?" ... "nonnnn...."
"non?"... "non..."
"mal a venre? a dou?"..... "non..." She was great just smiling and nodding to me. I examined her and we looked though her blood results... pass! She signed my form (giving me a nice report) and as I left even gave me her email and phone number... in case I visit again... well who knew, maybe she did like me!

An hour and a half to shop, clean, pack, eat... deja vu? Last galette and a trip to the boulangerie (she still didn't know what I was asking!) pain au chocolat and a fabulous raspberry tart... which somehow made it through the airport and security without too much squishage! Bye to Phoebe... Anne's mum took me to the airport, she said my French was a bit better... and she stayed with me until I reached security. Plane journey - had a lovely chat in English to a young boy traveling to Scotland to play in a pipe band at Tattoo. English border control was very intimidating...very sad its become that way. Everyone looking very English, pale and moody.... Southampton airport wasn't great but I finished crocheting a scarf and started a hat. Some awful Americans at Costa... started swearing at the man serving them, their paninis weren't ready and they were boarding... well I should had said something... I still can't believe how rude they were. 

Last flight home, surrounded by northerners... back to Newcastle and picked up by my lovely family! Lovely evening at Gran Tiff's... I mean what kind of pizza can you get for a vegetarian? I enjoyed the salad... Proper English tea and a bath before sleep, my favorite bed in the world.
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment