Sunday 15 June 2014

#1 - Friday 13th

arrival

view from my window, overlooking Pierowall bay

 One day, one tram, two cars, two trains, three planes, arriving miraculously without a hitch. The inter island plane was incredible - just space enough for eight. I was the only passenger to get out on Westray, so much for worrying Teenie might not spot me at the 'airport!' My apartment overlooks Pierowall bay, you can see over to the 'village' with its two shops, junior school and bank and directly over to the pier and the surgery. Explored after tea, apparently bulls do like the colour red, a whole field of bulls followed me - right up until only their eyes could peer over the wall! Beautiful sitting on the edge of the bay, still light at half nine. So quiet, you can just hear the tiniest movements of wind.- 'Quiet sounds' at home definitely become louder here, cars and birds are the loudest - even from almost a mile away.

No comments:

Post a Comment