Sunday 15 June 2014

#2 - Saturday 14th

 introductions

 
pierowall bay, 8pm

 Day two started with surgery induction, I realized it might have been a good to idea to pay attention to some acute medicine - especially when Jonathan the GP put an extra 'DOCTOR" hi-vis jacket in the car... Westray are the last island to have their own dispensary in the surgery and they file their medical records by address...Quick home visit, little car tour and lunch at the most adorable 'cafe'; pea soup and chocolate cake. I felt more at home knowing I now have a 'local caf'. Foggy day but Jonathan and I timed a run perfectly, beautiful over the grassy tracks, onto the beach and through the sea as the sun came out. Thankful to the cow herd, blocking our way and allowing me to catch my breath. Low tide in the evening so I walked on the bay (covered in shells), inland past Noltland Castle and back down onto the beach. Beautiful exploring the coast and clambering over the rocks. I saw my first seal, he seemed very curious about this girl in bright red, watching me then swimming closer to watch again... two more seals in the bay when I returned. Bedtime at midnight, Teenie was right, I really could read a book outside - its that light here.

No comments:

Post a Comment