Monday 23 June 2014

#9b - Saturday 21st


summer solstice

 Grobust beach

Despite the rain and descending fog I decided to commit to my romantic idea, to watch the summer solstice on Grobust beach on Westray. I was still optimistic of a sunset.. even whilst cycling over, rain dripping off my hood. Have you ever felt in the right place/right time?/as if a moment was just for you? - without wanting to sound too self-centered or dramatic... I arrived at the coast and the rain had ceased, over the west coast there was a beautiful pink strip of sky lighting up the coastline. I sat propped up against a Cairn while I counted down the six minutes until sunset at 22:22... It was beautiful, not quite spectacular. So glad I made the effort to go down. I stood up and looked back at my resting post - here's the sign on the Cairn...



No comments:

Post a Comment