Saturday 12 July 2014

#29 - Friday 11th


running


Hospital, quick round, chat to the Gynae consultant... possibly feeling a little worse for wear after last nights drinks! Nipped home, packed in 22minutes and met up with the Gynae consultant for some feedback on our placement with them, lunch in the canteen and then home to clear up and have a last wander into town. Rosie and I treated ourselves to 'North Ronaldsay Doctor' - a very entertaining book - if anyone would like to borrow it, please do! Sad leaving my soulmates for the number 4 bus to the airport.... flew out, so, so sad to be saying goodbye to Orkney. And then PANIC - where was my passport. Obviously I had it to get onto the plane, as I was putting it away 'safe' I lost it.... After 30minutes of panic and rustling around my seat a woman realised she'd accidentally taken it as hers! PHEW. I'd had my mum's voice in my head.... where/how have you lost a passport? what about going to France...? Nearly cried at one point! Landed twenty mins early - I might make all my connections..... bought a bus ticket, grabbed my suitcase (5th suitcase off the roller), ran and just made the bus.... sprinted and just made an earlier train!!! Yes, back to newcastle for 19:40 - cuppa & tea at Grans, lots of chatter - so much chatter compared to Orkney!! Home for tea, crackers and cheese and opening of my painting I'd bought on Westray. Un-packed and re-packed for France and time for sleep.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment