Sunday 20 July 2014

#38 - Dimanche 20th

faire

(to make/do 


My day in pictures... (oh and a few words too).


Having clearly proven to myself I wasn't ready for the town... and having started the book, 'The Fault in Our Stars' yesterday afternoon... I spent the morning in bed reading. (Good gripping read, even if the characters were a little annoying and too 'literate' in my opinion, admittedly it is a book about teen cancer sufferers but its an easy, funny read and... only £2 for Kindle...) Finally wriggled out of bed and after a little bit of avoidance set out for a run. 

 
Lovely morning for it - ground still damp from the rain - felt quite good running surprisingly with the lack of running recently! Struggled with the major sweat shower after stopping - I don't know how people usually put up with this - absolute new found sympathy... Somehow, without any exercise and eating non-stop I've lost some weight - damn. Unfortunately I was too late to the boulangerie for the chocolate croissant I'd dreamed about whilst running. (Shops actually shut in France on a Sunday, I think it is really nice its still a day saved for family). Goats cheese, caramelized onions, salad and a good stack of bread instead. Pottered and did some jobs including using the ancient washing machine - thankfully no water leaked (as it sometimes does) & I think (touchwood) all is okay... 



Put the tour on, understood little of the commentary, 'Cavendish', 'sprinter', 'tired', 'a little disorganised.' -(also just as a note, Mark Cavendish isn't actually racing this tour anymore). Painted, struggled but quite enjoyed the watercolours - squint, or if you're like me take your glasses off... it looks better! I'll finish it off this eve. Based on the photo from yesterday's blog.

Spoke to Pete and then Mum and the family - nice to see some familiar faces and speak in English! Homemade quiche for tea, Rosie taught me well in Orkney, not quite as good as Rosie's.... I'll have to alter some quantities but it was still pretty tasty. The black tomato though was incredible - if you ever get the chance to buy one, you won't regret it.... the man at the market was right - they have more sugar in, just stunning. To aid the whole weight thing, had a second course of cheese (and wine), a third course of jam and bread oh and a forth of Normandy tart and tea. Maybe I should just turn this into a food blog? I'm becoming such a foodie, apologies!

the first slice is always the hardest to get out
 
Oh and the midges have struck again.... the net fell down a few nights ago and I don't think I should attempt to nail it back up without Anne... so despite being covered in repellant spray last night (so much so, it blocked my nose) I am again covered in bite marks.... straight back onto the antihistamine tablets but unfortunately I'm not feeling any benefit.... Searched in Anne's medical box (I'm allowed to) but I only found some more repellant..... the only possible local anesthetic-y thing was rectal... no thanks. Any suggestions? I have at least four new bites, one of which, on my back, has a length of over 8cm and is at least 2mm raised.....only real possible solutions pleas.... as currently I will try anything... and that's quite a vulnerable position, you could definitely abuse....

1 comment:

  1. I'm still reading from June up, but this is a great blog, love seeing what you're upto - keep it going :-)

    ReplyDelete