Saturday 19 July 2014

#36 - Vendredi 19th


manger
 (to eat)



Friday, last day in hospital before the weekend! I didn't understand much of the hand over and spent most of the time hoping no one asked me anything or who I was. Oh and falling asleep, had to pinch myself a good few times. Seeing the patients was alright but my french was terrible, overloaded brain. The old lady spent her morning folding everything, her bedside is so neat and folded but she seemed to not be happy with it... hard to tell... I understood 'un, deux, trois' though. Eventually was lunchtime, I tend to zone out, especially when the doctors speak because its so fast, I often without meaning to, miss when people are speaking to me and its a bit awkward... or sometimes I don't hear and then they just shout it in English... arghh! Lunch was good, I had a kinder bueno and no worm in my peach - like yesterday..! Also spoke a few actual french words to the doctors and I understood a conversation about bowling. The intern I'm following asked why I hadn't brought a book like she suggested yesterday... I hadn't understood, simply. Hung around for a bit, saw another patient but my french was just terrible. Left at about half four. Friday night shopping trip, cheese and wine... the woman at the boulangerie humoured my french although she knows I'm english.... Chilled for a bit and read, roast veg and pasta for tea, with a glass of wine. Anne showed me the hire bikes and I did a test cycle - remembered to go on the right side of the road, which is quite literally the right side. Cycled along the canal, getting my first glimpse of the town, quite obviously got near to running out of time for the bike and had to step up the pace home!! The cool breeze while cycling was lovely, very humid or 'very close' as we say in England. Helped Anne and her friend to check-in online before their flight - the website was all in English - yes, I was useful!! I let Anne cut my fringe (fronge) - it was pretty desperate, she's done a good job, very straight.... I did ask her to maybe try and layer it a little, but poised with the scissors ready to snip, she asked "like this... or like this...?" - I said actually I thought my fringe looked pretty good, lets leave it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment